Mu8st7ang1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Got hit with Dino yesterday. I wasn’t sure F it was Dino so I did a Wc and it made it worse. Checked nitrates 0 phosphates 0 so it’s dino. I killed the lights been doubling up feedings and dosed neonitrate. Any other suggestions? Trying not to lose all my higher end Sps. Tia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Qibinzhang1989

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Increase your no3 and po4; I use loudwolf sodium nitrate and trisodium phosphate. Manually remove as much as you can and install a UV sterilizer. Blow rocks with turkey baster after lights turn off and clean filter socks in the morning before lights turn on. I also blow rocks and clean filter socks every few hours

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I beat dino by plankton and microalgae, then beat microalgae by macroalgae, each state take me couple months to finish

At the mean time, I did not pay too much attention to no3, no4, ph, kh, I just keep them at normal level.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
having just got over a dino, cyano cycle, which I had for all of winter and spring, Dino X works and will clear it out in a week. You'll need to reseed the tank to prevent the dinos from returning. you'll also need to control the cyano with something also. The reseeding if successful, will fill in the biological niche the dinos and cyano was in. There are a few products for that also, a bacteria 7, I forget the exact name.

Qibinzhang1989

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 2 days it may actually been cyano. It is red blotches in areas and string. I dosed chemiclean and see if that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Becareful with Chemiclean, it says you need to do 20% water change after 48 hours which is going to bring you no3po4 down again and Dino might come back with it. I would manually remove cyano.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
dino x is simply an algaecide. very mild, does not affect corals directly, but there will be shifts in your system when all the unicellular algae dies out. You'll need to act accordingly. Does not affect cyanobacteria, which is not really an algae, for that you'll use antibiotics, like red slime remover, which will kill off all the bacteria in the system. Again act accordingly. Afterwards, you'll need to reseed otherwise the dino and cyano will repopulate the system without competition, using something like the following, just cut and pasted from their website.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: