jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
my ph drops down to 7.4 at night and climbs back up to 7.7 cant get it higher for nothing was using a co2 scrubber gets to 7.8 but it depletes so fast its getting very expensive is there another way to keep it stable i have a red sea reefer 750xxl no refugium and no sand

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Have to add something to stabilize it at night if you want it not to decrease that low. Any reason not to add an algae reactor or refugium is probably your best bet. I don't have anything helping mine at the moment but I really havent had to in the past. I've always gotten my tanks showing 7.8-8.2 naturally and opening up the window for a few hours a day whenever I remember to increase natural gas exchange.

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Refugium are messy don’t wanna deal with it as far as opening the window tried that I live towards the back get no air coming in I have the ac about 3 feet away to see if that helped but nothing would adding the refugium really help?

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
as far as ph goin by my what my apex reads

Attachments

• D9A13D07-AAE9-446F-B281-7AC869798AF8.png
    D9A13D07-AAE9-446F-B281-7AC869798AF8.png
    41 KB · Views: 131

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I live towards the back of the building no air at all dosent work for me co2 scrubber gets it to 7.8 for a day or 2 after that it drops I have a jumbo co2 scrubber placed my 4 mp40s almost at the top get the typhoon affect and a lot of gurgling pain n da a%%%%%

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
If you are bent on getting pH up then you tried CO2 scrubber and pulling in air from outside...

Going to have to get messy.

Kalk
Fuge
Algae reactor

To offset cycle

Maybe someone has tried another solution but those are the only methods I've seen with realistic uses on a reef tank.

Are you seeing a negative affect on livestock?

Also, i thought pH probes needed more constant calibration.https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/video/view/faq-35-how-often-should-i-calibrate-my-probes/

Booker301

Darkside Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
my ph drops down to 7.4 at night and climbs back up to 7.7 cant get it higher for nothing was using a co2 scrubber gets to 7.8 but it depletes so fast its getting very expensive is there another way to keep it stable i have a red sea reefer 750xxl no refugium and no sand

I use kalkwasser on my 750(also raises alk and calcium).I also ran a line from my skimmer outside to draw in fresh air. That actually has provided good results so far.

Booker301

Darkside Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I use it by dosung with a kamoer peristaltic pump, and a Kalkaska stirrer so it's precise. But you can gravity feed as well. Just mix the powder with rodi water. Check brs on YouTube. They explain it, and Julian sprung recommends it also.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: