so i calibrated my trident after having it run for a week
neptune solution dkh 8.25 cal 405 mag 1285
hanna alk 9.3 calcium 432 salifert mag 1500
is this normal or do i need to wait

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Ok but do you mean the tank water calibration, or the calibration solution after calibration?

Trident does not rerun a test after calibration. So till the next scheduled test (midnight and noon for the combo) you will only see the calibration solution values.

You can however force a run of all three, using the cog then "start test > combined"

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I used the calibration solution that comes with the trident ran the calibration sequence after the calibration was done I ran a force test and the numbers I got from my Hanna and salifert kits are way off from the trident

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I’ve read online that some calibrate the trident using there tank water instead of the calico solution provided by Neptune they just put the parameters according to there test kit results

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Usually you can just throw it as it has a short shelf live once opened. However since you do not know how accurate your manual test kits are, a common thing to do is to test the calibration solution with them, to see if you notice a delta between the reference value and what you measure with them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: