BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
What water do you use when testing calcium? Directions state to fill to 10ml after filling it with .1ml of the liquid regent. I mistakenly always used rodi water that my 3 stage makes. Am I the only one that made this mistake?

Last edited:

BigA-quariums

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t that the same water coming out of our rodi systems, from my understanding we use the pre filters to clean-up tap water to make it more pure about 90%(so the resin doesn’t deplete fast) and the di resin does the rest. Without the pre filters we would be going through that resin in a few days if not hours. I’ve had to make a couple hundred gallons of deionized water for work and it was just a huge cylinder with di resin.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t that the same water coming out of our rodi systems, from my understanding we use the pre filters to clean-up tap water to make it more pure about 90%(so the resin doesn’t deplete fast) and the di resin does the rest. Without the pre filters we would be going through that resin in a few days if not hours. I’ve had to make a couple hundred gallons of deionized water for work and it was just a huge cylinder with di resin.
According to neptune rep. We were trouble shooting my trident. Calcium goes thru the filters in an rodi system. I was told to get steam distilled water.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: