Mangas50

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I have been using Eco Iodine Marine and Eco Strontium Marine from API but I do not see it on Dr Fosters and Smith anymore and everywhere I check I feel the prices are a lot higher. What other brands do fellow hobbyist recommend?

Boomer

Bomb Technician (EOD)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May I ask why you are even using them ? Most tanks are way to high in "Iodine" and excessive Iodine causes crustaceans to molt excessively killing them. Sr++ is not needed by corals, it is just a substitute ion for Ca++, as it fits real nice into the Aragonite crystal lattice. The amount of Sr++ in corals is pretty much directly proportional to that in water. That is why Sr++ is used for paleothermometry.

Mangas50

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
nah lol thank you for telling me tho this saves me some money ahaha Now instead of buying large quantities of dosing stuff i am going to pick up a UV Sterilizer for my tank. My name is Alex thanks for the info.

DrHarryLopez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
May I ask why you are even using them ? Most tanks are way to high in "Iodine" and excessive Iodine causes crustaceans to molt excessively killing them. Sr++ is not needed by corals, it is just a substitute ion for Ca++, as it fits real nice into the Aragonite crystal lattice. The amount of Sr++ in corals is pretty much directly proportional to that in water. That is why Sr++ is used for paleothermometry.

Cool Boomer, I don't use any of that but its good info to know.

Harry

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
regular water changes replenish trace elements iodine and stronium, and these dont deplete as fast as cal,alk,mag.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: