MSunkin23

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, wondering if anyone uses store bought Distilled water instead of RO/DI for water changes or top off.

I have a small nano (14g), and I do not see the need to purchase an RO/DI unit. I would rather use WalMart distilled water, I am just wondering if anyone else has experimented with this.

I am a chemist, and I am very aware of the chemical differences between the two, as well as the copper issues with distilled water.

Does anyone use distilled water for water changes with success ????

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How is the quality of your tap water? If its good, why not just get a tap water purifier deionizer? They are cheap, and if your water quality is good in the first place a cartridge can easily last 4 months. If your tap water isn't so good, then it is probably not worthwhile.

MSunkin23

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Guys!

Tap water is no good, seems to have a nitrate farm somewhere, damn long island well water!

I bought a bunch of jugs of Distilled water from duane reade, next time I will check walmart for a cheaper price. Going to be much easier than trecking to the LFS.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: