Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!
I know that using zeovit system will allow you to have minimum of live rock. But zeovit system requires time, so I wonder about using bio-pellets with matrix instead.
With bio-pellets alone, you may not get enough habitat for the bacteria. However, Matrix will have a reducing effect, if I do not have enough carbon in the system. (Or am I wrong?)
A combination of both, will give me both habitats and carbon.
What do you think about it? Or does a zeovit system give me even more than just reduce nitrate and phosphate?

Haimat.

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Hey guys!
I know that using zeovit system will allow you to have minimum of live rock. But zeovit system requires time, so I wonder about using bio-pellets with matrix instead.
With bio-pellets alone, you may not get enough habitat for the bacteria. However, Matrix will have a reducing effect, if I do not have enough carbon in the system. (Or am I wrong?)
A combination of both, will give me both habitats and carbon.
What do you think about it? Or does a zeovit system give me even more than just reduce nitrate and phosphate?

Haimat.

Zeo does the same thing the pellets do but with zeo you have to dose 3 additives and pump the stone 2x a day and replace the stone every 6 weeks . The pellets you add them and never change them only add when thay get low and just add food for your sps thats it . Zeo is more work more money and hard to get the right flow throw the reactor . I had zeo so i know . I now use the np pellets and thay work just like zeo

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: