mdrumm

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mdrumm

been in CO a little over a year. Have a 90 gallon that I wil be upgrading to a 135 gallon. Moving towards a SPS dominated tank.

tkeracer619

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been in colorado since december of '04, absolutly love it here.

I had a 150G mixed reef that had a steady decline in health in its last few months. I tested for everything but since nothing showed I picked up a 360G tank and started to collect stuff so that I could transfer it all into a new system. The day before the transfer was to start the 150G burst in the living room and dumped over half of the water onto the floor. I was here and reacted quickly, the only loss was one of 5 anemonies.

Other than reefs I am into snowboarding, snowmobiling, and fast cars.

zombiereef

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was born in denver in 1970. i moved away a few times and after my stint in the air force, i couldnt resist the the urge to come back.

i got my first aquarium (freshwater) in 2003 and was convinced to get a reef going a couple years later. i had a 20L that was pretty packed with some great corals. i had the tank running for over a year until i had to take it down because i was just too busy to take the proper care of it. i am now tankless because we are trying to get moved back to denver and get closer to work. in hopes that i will have more time at home and less time on the highway. i cant wait to get another reef going again.

bmb527

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was born in Mt. lived in Ca. for a few years. Went to college here, 89-91. Moved to Utah for work, got hitched, moved back here for better work. Left for La. in 6-05, just in time for the ***** sisters Katrina and Rita, lost every fish, coral, etc. that I had. Went to work in NYC and wife/daughter moved back here, got sick of commuting, and got a job in Den. in July.
I have had aquariums in varying degrees since I was 5. I am now 39. I have a family member who is a biologist for a major aquarium, the dude got me hooked young and I never looked back.
Just glad to be back, just wish there was REAL Cajun food here!
Bill

BrokeColoReefer

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bmb527":37zyr9me said:
I was born in Mt. lived in Ca. for a few years. Went to college here, 89-91. Moved to Utah for work, got hitched, moved back here for better work. Left for La. in 6-05, just in time for the ***** sisters Katrina and Rita, lost every fish, coral, etc. that I had. Went to work in NYC and wife/daughter moved back here, got sick of commuting, and got a job in Den. in July.
I have had aquariums in varying degrees since I was 5. I am now 39. I have a family member who is a biologist for a major aquarium, the dude got me hooked young and I never looked back.
Just glad to be back, just wish there was REAL Cajun food here!
Bill

I hear ya about the cajun food! oskar blues in lyons, and lucilles in boulder are about the closest thing i have seen to cajun here in colorado.

My name is Ryan, i moved here from Kansas in 98' and moved to kansas from south east texas in 93'. I have, for the most part, had some type of aquarium since childhood. I got into saltwater tanks in the mid 90's and into reef tanks in 2000'. I have had many tanks, anywhere from 6 gallons to 250 gallons. My current setup is a 250 gallon cube set us as a reef crest with SPS, LPS, clams and fishies.

mdrumm

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
broke,

would love to see pics of your setup. I followed a similar route to CO.

Chicago to Missouri to Texas to Colorado

S!mon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved to Denver in 2001 and hope I never have to relocate! It would be great to see some tank photos, or some frags any of you might have to sell. I look foreward to hearing from all you Rocky Mountain reefers.

Moviemama

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All. I am a Colordao native. Born and raised in Colorado Springs.
I am brand new to the hobby and this site.

tdanley

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I will start out like everone else. i was actually born in Germany but my family moved to Colorado when I was five And I have been here ever since. Now I am new to reef keeping and have set up my first reef tank. I will describe it and post photos in the future if your interested of course.

75g aqueon with a 600GPH overflow.
Aqueon Proflex 3 sump
Mag 7 return pump ( I think it might be too small)
Eshopps PS-100 skimmer
Wave Point T5 HO 4 bulb light.

Tim

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: