Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Hey All,

So I have the Tunze 5017 water level controller. I've had this thing just over a year but about 7 months in, I noticed every time I let the water level in my ATO drop so that the Tunze pump was half in/half out (basically out of water in my 15G container), the next time I turned the pump on with a full container, the pump would function correctly, but upon turning off, the water would just keep dripping dripping until the float valve was activated bc so much water was pumped in.
I used to clear the air/water tube by blowing into it out of the water and that seemed to work (upon contacting Tunze this was their remedy - something about the pump sucking in air and needing to be "reset") however, this doesn't seem to be working anymore. The pump works fine otherwise - strong flow, on and off with the float and eye - but could it be donezo?

Anyone have a similar issue and corrected it somehow? What other reliable ATOs are out there, bc this is my second Tunze and I'm getting tired of having to replace it every 1-2 years.

Thanks all.

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I think I finally figured out my issue, just in case others have similar. I had to wipe down the optical sensor for the low water level and that seemed to stop the dripping. Apparently if sludge or salt creep is present on the sensor, it can cause the pump to run at a slow burn...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: