Status
Not open for further replies.

Tranquil201

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Does anyone know or have experience fragging this type of lobo?

Attachments

• DSCN0016.jpg
    DSCN0016.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 376
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
dont take my word for this but from what ive read (ive never fragged this kind of coral) they say to piss it off so it retracts itself and then either use a diamond band saw blade you can even use a dremel, screwdriver and hammer (i wouldnt use the last one).. also a wet tile saw with circulating sea water at your tanks temp will work as well

Tranquil201

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hey Russ,

This is my most prized coral ever and my clown as you can see in the photo loves it to death as he sleeps and rubs it all day hahaha. I would never want to harm it at all just wanted to see if anyone thought it would be possible to just slice a tiny piece off and see if it would grow but I don't think it's worth it either. By the way i'm the one that phoned you the other day about the FW issue I started doing what you suggested and let me tell you I was shocked.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Hey Russ,

This is my most prized coral ever and my clown as you can see in the photo loves it to death as he sleeps and rubs it all day hahaha. I would never want to harm it at all just wanted to see if anyone thought it would be possible to just slice a tiny piece off and see if it would grow but I don't think it's worth it either. By the way i'm the one that phoned you the other day about the FW issue I started doing what you suggested and let me tell you I was shocked.

I've fragged lobo's like yours in the past, successfully. However, yours is a show piece. I'd hate to see it cut up.

I knew you'd be shocked at the FW issue. Its an amazing thing treating them properly. Hopefully it's working for you.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: