oonycxwilloo

Vendor
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I was planning to set up my 30g long frag/holding tank. Is it ok to have bricks holding up the eggcrates? Is it ok to just wash out the newly bought bricks and put em in my tank? Does it affect any parameter??

digitalreefer

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
oonycxwilloo said:
Is it ok to have bricks holding up the eggcrates? Is it ok to just wash out the newly bought bricks and put em in my tank?

Hmmmm... why use bricks? PVC couplers are about 49 cents each at Lowes. Seeing as how brick is clay based, I would guess it's chock full of different minerals and would have to affect some parameters over time, plus it'll chip and wear down eventually. No reason to skimp on something that cheap if there's any question of it's effect on the tank.

:givebeer:

digitalreefer

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
herman said:
That my man is a smiley with a sign asking for beer :D

Smart man!

:givebeer:

No but really, the PVC couplings are just short pieces of PVC (1"-3" tall usually). You could also buy a piece of PVC and cut it, but you'd have to make sure they're the same size and do the work... they're cheap enough to buy and not deal with cutting the pipe I think.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: