dually

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am new to keeping corals. I have a frogspawn, I like its size, but am not sure how to frag it? I would llike to get it to grow a little more first but I want to trade. can anyone tell me what the procedure is for fragging it? Are there any risks involved? Thank you to all that reply.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello dually, and welcome to Reef.org. Frogspawns are hardy corals and a very receptive to fragging. It can be done two different ways. 1. Cut your colony in between the stalks, where there is no meat on the skeleton. 2. Clip the little tiny buds that grow aroung the base of "head" and glue that to a rock. That tiny little bud will grow into a full colony in a year or so.

My frogspawn is my moneymaker. My mother colony is a good 10" wide right now. And I am sure that not one shred of this is a part of the original colony.

Chop away! :)

Louey

dually

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks alot, I have been talking to Osama ( he posts here alot) and he is willing to trade frags. I want to get as little as possible from the ocean. and would love to trade.... now I know how.
Thanks again
Ross

a1953mdl

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2. Clip the little tiny buds that grow aroung the base of "head" and glue that to a rock. That tiny little bud will grow into a full colony in a year or so.[/quote said:
Please explain the clipping part. Should i be trying to take part of the skeleton or cutting off the bud close to the skeleton?

I have a frogspawn that has been slowly dying over the last several months. I have tried it in different tanks, different lighting, heights of the tank, flow etc., but still decreasing, down to on stalk. The good new is it has buds coming off the old dead stalks. I would like to salvage what I can.
Thanks
Lee

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lee

Leave the buds on the stalk. I had the same thing happen to a hammer and the buds are growing nicely. Also, I got a FS in a trade and the main polyp died in transit, but the buds have grown really well in the past year.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: