Cabreradavid

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tips on fragging this coral from anyone who has them? Mine has reached the size where I am considering attempting this.

David C.

suraphol.c

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd collected broken pavona decussata agments form the reef and reattach them on the limestone rock plate with the quick setting cement and nurse them in the culture pond and supply the running water. After 12 hrs the coral plate will transfer to reattach on limestone rock in the coral nursing which provide in the natural reef area. The attachment which done by the same as above the coral can be living.

Suraphol Chunhabundit :D

jjharrisx4

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think that answers the question though...can you just break pieces off like a regular acro or similar? I have a pavona also, and would like to do a bit of fragging! Thanks

reefdork

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey there, yes you can just break them off in pieces, not really exact science, but with practice can get the piece you want pretty close to how you want most of the time, and as to survival, well thats a waiting game, mount it and give it the time needed to heal in a grow-out tank, or your display if you choose, and it if healthy should have some new growth visible within 2-3 weeks, give or take depending on exact conditions of aquarium its in, and if there is new growth and no bleaching then its a good frag evidently, and sell it or trade it off time.

have a good one.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: