A

Anonymous

I would like to cut a leather coral..I just purchased this little guy yesterday but i want to cut it down to put in my pico tank..any special technique?

A

Anonymous

What kind of leather is it? For cabbage and the like I cut pie slice shaped pieces. I find it easier to cut from the middle going out. For the branching type I just hack off a branch.

A

Anonymous

:? not sure what kind of leather, its a "nano" frag i got at the LFS...Its bigger than a half dollar and im pretty sure it isnt branching but im not sure again as it is a frag.......

Attachments

• leather.jpg
    leather.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 3,625
A

Anonymous

Looks like a crown, toadstool type. I would go with the pie shaped cut if I was going to cut it.

A

Anonymous

I think its a toadstool too..I wasnt sure though..Maybe ill do that thanx Wazzel...

reefer125g

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that you want to frag this coral But I would wait a week or two.
you said you just bought it so you moved him from the store tank to yours and he might be stressed and cutting now might kill it.I know this is a strong coral but I would stay on the side of caution.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to frag my leather about 6 months ago.

I chickened out.

I had the blade in my hand, picked up the leather and it felt like flesh

Shivers, puts blade away, runs and hides in the closet

:D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hack? Hack??? HACK????

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tell me when I can open my eyes....

really, I couldn't, it gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it. I am going to just let it spread naturally until my entire tank is filled with this huge pulsating leather organism

Wait a minute, I am afraid of that happening too....

royalstar

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wanted more corallimorph's, so i cut one into two pieces. One piece died and the other half has attatched itself to a rock. Except before i cut the corallimorph it was probably 2inches diameter, and now, the piece that survived is maybe 1/4inch diameter. . .

Im not sure what i did wrong. :?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: