daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
One could think i was doing it on purpose, with the success that i've got growing this particular animal....

but last night i had a dream that really freaked me out.

let me preface this by telling you that i've got peppermints on order and a good friend is about to hook me up with a real syringe so that i can purposefully and successfully "take out" (KILL) the largest buggers by hand....

so there are a few aptasia in my tank that are SO big that i've seen them reach out and grab the larger pods in my tank!!!! (I was so pi$$ed off when i saw this!!!)

anyway, last night i had a dream that the largest one began to attack and EAT the fish in my tank. :bigeyes2:

I woke up and at 5 a.m. ran to see if i still have four fish... and they were all still there. But I'm VERY eager to get the big ones out of the tank!!!! Problem is (and this is why they've grown so large) they are rooted in crooks in the rock, and any time I get close to them, they immediately retreat into the rock and I can't reach them. ARGH!

filefish tahl, cleared all mine out and some were monsters

+1

It's by far the most effective way to get the job done, and they're kinda cute if you squint lol I will tell you two things from experience about them though:
1. You'll never see them eat an aptasia, they'll just magically start disappearing which is a beautiful thing
2. If you have a vortech make sure it has the foam cover on it because they're very weak swimmers and they will get stuck on a vortech and possibly die if not found in time

P.S.: I'm doing my senior bio project on aptasia and what agents are effective for exterminating them and the effect of these agents on other aquarium inhabitants. Hopefully I figure out something effective and new enough to share with everyone

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Reefs

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
ummm...this thread is from 2007 (!!)...Tahl has long ago cleared the aiptasia from her tank, and I'm sure that if she wasn't in Hawaii at the moment she would log on and let you know how she did it :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: