Breadman

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I finally managed to get started on my new prop system today. I've still got a lot of work to do, but I thought I'd share what I've got done so far.

Here's a picture of the rack for the prop tanks. Excuse the mess in the background, I'm still trying to get my new fishroom set up.

prop001.jpg

A close up of the stand construction. I built it out of 2x6's, 2x4's, and 3/4" plywood. It's not very pretty, but it's rock solid.

prop002.jpg

Here's a picture of the first prop tank. The inside measurements are 72x24x12, and is supposed to be 75 gallons.

prop003.jpg

A close up of one the the bulkheads I installed for the overflows. This is a 1" bulkhead, and there will be one in each end.

prop004.jpg

An outside shot of the tank and bulkhead. These will drain into two 50 gallon sumps.

prop005.jpg

Just another shot of the inside of the tank.

prop006.jpg

Oh, I can't forget a picture of my helper. He gets mad if I leave him out.

prop007.jpg

I didn't get as much done today as I wanted too, but I'm still waiting on parts to get here. I've got three more of these tanks ordered, so I have to build another rack just like this one. This will give me a total of four 75 gallon prop tanks and two 50 gallon sumps for a total of 400 gallons.

Keep checking back, I'll be updating the thread as I get more done.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Breadman, and :welcome:

I am looking forward to watching your fish room develope. My back hurts just thinking about the work left to be done. It'll be worth it when it's done. ;)

Keep them pics coming! :D

Louey

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: