fali

need tank crash insurance
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I had my tank for one year with success with lps and a few softies. I want to try a few sps. I currently have 3 montis which retained their color and growing well. Any suggestions on some easy - intermediate sps corals to look for?

fali

need tank crash insurance
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I have 2 150 watt DE 10K metal halides along with 2 54 watt T5 blue actinics, i believe its 420 nms. I don't know about my flow however.

2Sunny

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Acropora's for 150 watt MH.

Acropora Yongei - otherwise known as a Bali slimer
Acropora Millepora - this neon green guy is a weed even in low light.

I have grown and sold both of these corals in my own tanks under 150 MH lighting with no trouble. The purple millepora would be possible too, but I'd place it in the top 4 inches of your water column directly under a bulb for good coloration.

HTH,

Joe

SIReefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
My tank is mostly softies but I have had luck w/Monti Caps. I purchased a few frags at the Spring Frag Swap glued them to LR & they took off. The Caps blended/joined into each other giving nice color variation and making for one larger coral in a short time. They also give a different look than vertical growing corals. My water params aren't the greatest & monti caps seem to do well anyway.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: