bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Before I begin, my parameters: pH 8.4, Ammonia 0, Nitrites 0, Nitrates 0, Temp 80, Calcium 420. I have other LPS and SPS and all doing fine. Here is the problem - my fox coral is in the shape of an arch and the growths on the bottom of the arch are dying/dead but the top is just fine. The other day I saw my blue knuckle crab picking at the coral (it is huge now - it killed a large Mexican Turbo snail for the shell). Is its picking what killed the lower part of the FC and if I take it out now (the snail, that is) will the FC recover and grow back? Inquiring minds want to know (and quite frankly, so do I). Thanks in advance.

muntai

CEO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
base on my experiences with lps n knuckle crabs, i don't think its killing the fox. however, its pickin on the base is probably due to the base dead flesh. most lps recessions are from the base up.

yiliyang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Dude, sometimes no matter how good your parameters are, you will have unexplained coral death. The most vibrant looking reef tank will have dead corals, it is just the way it is.

I have some LPS, if you get ride of what ever is killing it, most of them will grow back.

Good luck.

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
bad coffee,

I am enough of a newbie to not know if I am having my tentacles yanked here but, in case your qustion was legit, I do feed my tank the frozen plankton cubes twice a week and Marine Snow once a week.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: