1UCKY

Niko's Dad
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
Question, a local fish store has had a Blue Carpet Anemone for about 2.5 months now and I'm interested in purchasing it this weekend. The problem is that they have had it under PC for the whole 2 months and it has losted it's deep blue color to light blue. It eats everything they put in the tank (seen for myself). I have a 75G cube with a 250W MH light and two 65W PC (Atinics). Do you think that once it's in my tank it will regain it's great blue color again?

Last edited:

ireefny

Rating - 97.4%
37   1   0
eat fish, and sting everything it touches as it moves around to find a good spot for itself. good luck if you decide to try it.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
G, the problem besides can it be brought back is whether it was blue to begin with. I don't think you know for sure that it was not died. If it is loosing the color because it was died, then of course you will never be able to get it to color back up for you.

As to "will it recover if you provide the animal with all of it's requirements"? I believe no one can honestly answer that for two reasons. 1) It would depend on how far gone it is to begin with.
2) Is the specimen strong enough to fight for it's survival.
If you want to try, and bring it back it would be your decision. Like with everything in this wonderful hobby of ours, "you take your chances".

1UCKY

Niko's Dad
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
Thanks guys! I actually drove out to LI today to take a second look at the carpet and is was actually turning brown from last time I saw it. I decided now to buy it. I then drove to a LFS in manhattan where I bumped into a beautiful 4" neon green carpet anemone that they had there for the past three weeks. I ended up buying it for a grand total of $60:biggrin:. The color on this guy is amazing! I will try to post some pics of it when I get a chance.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: