MikeyNYC

Ol' Skool
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Freaking out!

I placed a new colony of frogspawn in my tank a couple of weeks back, and just noticed that it has really small white bugs walking all over it. I see the bugs walking around the external surface, but can't really tell if there also inside the heads also. I know that if took a picture that they would show up with my camera equipment. I've seen pods on my glass at night, but these are not as large, shorter in length. Any idea's?

MikeyNYC

Ol' Skool
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
I'm glad to hear that D. All of the reading that I've done that mentions white bugs seem to point to pods also, just surprised to see them both externally and internally on the coral. The pods that I've seen in the past had been on the glass late at night with the tank lights off using a flashlight.

Davidl919

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Small white, sounds like pods especially if you haven't seen any changes in the frogspawn and more likely if you have it on the sandbed. .... if you do have that many pods then you might successfully keep a mandarin.

MikeyNYC

Ol' Skool
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Funny you should mention the sand bed, it also looks like the heads have taken in some sand as well. I definitely plan on getting a mandarin at some point in the future, spotted or green decisions decisions

No changes in the corals appearance, still looks healthy

thanks for the feedback everyone

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: