rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I just got a elegance. I was hoping I could place it next to my frogspawn and hammer and torch. it will def touch the frogspawn, but not the hammer/torch till it grows alot. Is that OK?
Are all 4 of those corals able to touch each other?

I KNOW THAT THERE ARE ALWAYS EXCEPTIONS, but in general is this OK?
i will watch carefully at first if I do move to make sure they arent bothering eachother.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
lol...
i just used my turkey baster(the one I feed with) and my clowns jumpped towards it, then the crabs came after it also. they are so trained and its only been a few months.
phil

Im just going to use my bare hands, itll be fine.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
You need to give this coral a lot of room. One it will sting other corals and two it open up quite large and will grow even larger in time.

There has been problems keeping this coral long term. A lot do fine for quite some time and then just start to shrink and die, even though this was one of the first real successful coral back in the 80's-90's.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
What kind of lighting is it under? I don't think this coral is for you, from what I understand your system is still very young and this is a coral that doesn't do well in captivity for the most part. I could be misunderstanding however.

best of luck with it.

-Kris

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: