Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
194   0   0
In order to get some good help can you provide all of your ACTUAL parameters and specs suchs as lighting, flow etc. Then they'll be ablwe to give some assistance.

blackbeard

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
the parameters are all good 0 nit 0 amonia alk is 3.5 and water salinity is 1023. the others are fine eating and colorful but the green one is not swelling. If everything else in the tank is well as I mentioned before and not this one specific acan you should know that the parameters are fine and have no need to ask the parameters.

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
for a bunch of pro's you all ask alot of amateur questions. If all coral is well but one you should know the water if fine.

Not exactly true, you didn't provide us with enough information
as in flow and such, is the other acan sitting in front of a pump, is it sitting in the shadows. You should really provide full specs, descriptions, etc.
You didn't even tell us the different types of acans you have, the one that isn't swelling up may not be a species that does swell up.

blackbeard

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
thank you for your help. both are near each other and have the same flow.

hers a pic of it.

Attachments

• DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 149

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
for a bunch of pro's you all ask alot of amateur questions. If all coral is well but one you should know the water if fine.

I don't think thats a good way to ask for help at all.

And no, all coral do not particularly like the same parameters, Coral all don;t come from the same place, most are collected OCEANS (thousands of miles) apart.... And ontop of that if you ask people what "Good" or "all parameters are fine" is for their tanks parameters i am sure you will get a range of answers. 1023-1027/8 on salinity, 400-480 calc. 7-11 on alk, temp from 74-82. I think those are big swings in parameters. So in sayign everything else if fine so the params are ok, it leads to either the colony is beeing bothered, it doesn;t like 1 parameter, or your putting it in the wrong spot. The fact that the acan looks like its high up in the tank is one thing your doing wrong and might be a reason why its not puffing up. also the fact that it was fragged and growing back is another. We have no idea how you got the frag, how long you had it, nothing.

Whats your calcium, PH, temp, hows flow, whats Po4, and any other parameter your testing for? hows everything else.

The question you asked was like asking someone why the car won't start without giving any other information. Could be no gas, could be bad spark plug, could be one of 1000 different things. Because your not getting an answer it means your not giving enough information.

So don't be a smartass and say something about the people on the boards if they are kind enough to ask what they need in order to help you. next time post a pic when you first ask the question.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
In order to help properly we need the basics. Those water parameters and the type/wattage of lighting are the building blocks that help us help you. A contractor wouldn't give you an estimate over the phone without seeing the area you wanted him to work on and take measurements of that area as well. Keep that in mind next time people ask you questions about your tank.

blackbeard

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
im not asking for help im making a statement.

"And ontop of that if you ask people what "Good" or "all parameters are fine" is for their tanks parameters i am sure you will get a range of answers"

what are you saying here.

I can get better answers from anywhere but here. this is at best an amateur sound board and everone is trying to sell something they dont need or advise just to sell like alomost everone in this hobby.

I know the answers but I Iike to hear what others have to say and its all B.S. this hobby is simple and you all make it complex.

a few here who own a store in brooklyn even ripped me of for 300 bucks and never called to pick up my tanks and ignored me.

Last edited:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
why is one of my acan frags eating and is colorfull but dosnt swell up like the others?

:scratchch The question mark at the end of your statement and the use of the word "why" implies a question is being asked. That in and of itself implies asking for others to give advice and their experiences as well as assistance to the person who asked the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: