ZBT3091

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I picked up 2 anemones about 2 months ago, a Sebae and a Haitian pink tip. I bought them hoping my maroon clown would host the sebae. I have a 48" orbit PC 4x65 watt 2 actinic 2 50/50. The actinics had been burned out for about 2 weeks without my noticing, and both anemones lost their blue and pink tips for a while. now that the lights are fixed, both seem to have opened up and have colored tips. This morning i saw that my maroon clown was hosting the haitian anemone, which i thought was really unlikely and strange. Attached are pics of the anemones and the maroon in the haitian. Do they seem healthy? the pink tip eats regularly and the sebae appears to pick small pieces of uneaten food, but none that i directly feed.

Anemones 001.jpg
Anemones 002.jpg
Anemones 003.jpg
Anemones 004.jpg
Anemones 005.jpg

Attachments

• Anemones 002.jpg
    Anemones 002.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 204
  • Anemones 003.jpg
    Anemones 003.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 201
  • Anemones 004.jpg
    Anemones 004.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 202
  • Anemones 005.jpg
    Anemones 005.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 206
  • Anemones 001.jpg
    Anemones 001.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 217

ZBT3091

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
what wud b some reasons for the sebae to be bleached? the lighting cudnt b too intense because its a 265 watt pc. Hes placed about half way up the tank on the tallest piece of LR... about 8 inches from the light. Hes only been there for a day tho.

ZBT3091

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i bought them all from aquarium adventure in carle place. there were about 8 others and all seemed to be the same color in the same shape, this one just happened to be the biggest

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
opz, i thought the pictures were two sets of before and after. :smash:

nano is right, it's believed that white anemones are unhealthy as its a result of them expelling their zooxanthella, usually a light issue or other externalities. you may have bought it like this, but as it gets healthier, dont' be surprised if it might turn brown/tan as kris mentions.

Last edited:

ZBT3091

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sometimes the Haitian pink tip will deflate and have "noodle like" tentacles, while the sebae will have a fixed tentacle position. The pink tip will usually deflate during the middle of the day when the light cycle is half over, and sometimes he will reflate, but he will usually stay inflated the entire night while the light is off... is any of this strange

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: