• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I offered up frags of my zoa; Chocolate mint, Triple Red, + 1more that I definitely do not know the name. Heck I'm not sure on the previous two either, but that is what I was told they are called. But this is not what is making me feel stupid.
Now for the stupid part!
I fragged a few polyps of each to make up the 3 frags that I offered, I got some rubble & IC gel, a bowl of tank water, and went to work. At first try they would not stay on. I spoke to KathyC who explained that I am to put a glob of glue on the rubble/disk dip it in the water for it to cure a little, add some more glue, attach the polyp by smooching it a bit. I did this, it seemed to have worked. Frags were fine for a few days, yesterday when the lights went on some polyps seem to have dissapear. I once again got some more polyps from my little colonies, and went through the above procedure again. So far they are still on the rubble/disk but they are not opening. A little over 24hrs. has passed, and I see nothing happening.
I feel terrible, I have one person coming to pick up on Sunday. What am I to do? HELP Obviously if they don't open by Sat. I will inform the person.:eek: But I really do not want to do that.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i use to spot feed my zoa's once a week, these paly's i have took over a rock and the one attached to it, figure they will eventually be a garden on the rock with sps sticking out, zoa's are funny, one of the hardier species, but fragil at times

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Hey A...I'm going to be passing through your neck of the woods tomorrow during the day..I'll drop by and take a look if you'll be around ..?
Ideally you want to scrape a little of the rock off from under the zoas and the glue should be stuck to that part.
While you can glue the polyps themselves..if they are expanded when you glue them, and then shrink afterwards..they will release from the rock/glue...neglected to mention that..oops!

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Awilda, you've got to be very careful when gluing the zoa to the plug, disk or rubble without anything solid attached to the zoa, like Kathy said. The glue will generate heat when curing and if attached directly to the 'skin' of the zoa, it can 'burn' it. I believe that's one of the reasons Kathy suggested putting the glob of glue into water on the rubble before attaching the zoa to it.

swimmer

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thank you for the encouraging words my friends!
NYreefNoob, I have a paly that started out as 3, and now have taken over a few of my rocks.arg I even put other corals over them, and they just keep moving.lol

Mark, you think they can hear me through the glass? I'm not sticking my head in the tank.lol

Kat, I should be home.

Master, I did try to scrape a little coraline with them as I scraped them off of my overflows.

Gelo, nice to know at least your's are doing good.

I shall report on how they look later on when the lights come on.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: