Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Last August, I bought a bubble coral...despite my general lack of success with LPS and with bubble corals in particular. I got it because it was heavily discounted at H2O's closing sale...and there wasn't much else left. It wasn't in the greatest shape, but looked quite livable to me. My son said it would die...It gradually shrank up but remained alive, and in the last month began to expand some more. My son said it would die.......Last week, it did a bailout. Left its shell near the top...now it sits, gelatinous, on the bottom...but it is more expanded now than it has been in months. In fact, it is now my longest lived bubble coral ever. (its also only my 3rd bubble coral ever.) My son says its going to die.........He also says that he's never heard of an LPS surviving long term after a bailout. I'm not so sure about that....Should I be optimistic? Aside from mushrooms, the only other corals in the tank are some Montipora's and a small Caulastrea....its in a 30 gal tank with 2 96 wt PC's, actinic and 10,000K. Calcium remains steady at 400, alk fluctuates but always remains above 3 meq.....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: