Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I'd like to see different corals that we all have under different lighting and different water pars as well, I doubt we all keep our tanks at the same pars..
Mines are on a salifert test kit unless otherwise stated:
Phosphates .04 on a Martini colorimeter
Nitrates 0
PH 8.3 morning and 8.25 to 27 in the night cycle
Calcium 460
Alk 5
Mag on the really high side at 1500+ for about 2 months now..
Stronium I haven't tested for but it's got to be higher than normal due to the stronium nitrate used to cycle phosphates down to 0 in the denitrifier.
I'd like to start off with a color that I got from Greg Hiller that I know a lot of people got and thought it was a little browned out..
The Aqua Delight... I keep it at the top of the tank in the middle under 1 400 watt 12k metal halide on a rail system..
Anyone else with this coral that got it to color back up please post a pic with pars, Thank you..

Attachments

• aqua delight3-1.jpg
    aqua delight3-1.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

jemery

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lookin at that piece i say toss all that par readin out the window n get some good lighting on it(acclimated gradually). frags r usually a little brown out from fraggin. but yours doesnt seem to suffer from that since its base its covered. heres a pic of what its suppose to look like.

Attachments

• aquadelight.jpg
    aquadelight.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 171

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Nice, what type of lighting is yours under??? Are your pars similar or different??
I thought it was supposed to be a deeper teal or turquoise?? I'm getting a deeper turquoise this last week... My crushed coral in my calcium reactor is turning to mush so I have been watching my levels and shaking it up and turning the co2 off for a day at a time the last 3 days..

Last edited:

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
sps

if the same piece mine is from lfs which got it from dfs years ago is under 250w mh phoniex bulb very lavender towards tips with green base

Attachments

• christmas 08' 296.jpg
    christmas 08' 296.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 119

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: