thezar77

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i recently bought a open brain coral, and i belive they are called star polyps (they are neon green) i bought them this past saturday 1/24/09 they arent open i called the store where i got it (absolutley fish in clifton new jersey) they said it could take up to a week is that right? my water is fine ammonia,nitrates,nitrites,ph,salt, lighting...they are not touching any other corals and i also bought a feather duster and a foxface and they are doing great. thanks for the help guys and gals.

charlie1225

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
i recently bought a open brain coral, and i belive they are called star polyps (they are neon green) i bought them this past saturday 1/24/09 they arent open i called the store where i got it (absolutley fish in clifton new jersey) they said it could take up to a week is that right? my water is fine ammonia,nitrates,nitrites,ph,salt, lighting...they are not touching any other corals and i also bought a feather duster and a foxface and they are doing great. thanks for the help guys and gals.

Green Star Polyps may close when acclimating them to a new environment. You will probably see their purple mat (some other types of GSP may have other color mats) when they are retracted. Give it some time and it will open up, a very hardy and fast growing coral. It'll be fine, I couldn't kill them if I tried.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: