derm

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
6   1   0
hey guys whats up, i am having a problem with my acros in my tank , there are all starting to receed , i am wondering if its astrenia starfish (infested with them)or temp fluctuations or what can someone tell me whats up , thanks derm

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
sps need stability

besides temp, is your ALK stable?

i've had alk drop after a power outage and i forgot to reset my dosing pumps. a few days later i had some necrosis on a coral from what i believed to be low alk. slowly raised alk back to normal.. problem gone.

derm

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
6   1   0
well a couple a weeks ago the tank went down to 65 i brought back up as soon as i could i did lose some tissue on some corals but they all seem fine a week later but now it looks like its starting to recceed from the bottom of thew acros ,i do a 15 gallon water change every week i just did a 50 gallon water change yesterday i hope they stop receeding and come back but also i have those asterina starfish everywhere and i think it might be these little guys not sure what to do

CadetMKultra

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Probably have too much nutrients, too. It might read as zero, but be tied up in microalgae. The asterina are eating something, right? Probably algae. I've got lots too.

derm

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
6   1   0
ill post pics soon phosphates at zero i have a etss 800 skimmer that rocks i clean every week carbon reactor phosphate reactor refugium with live rock chamber mangroves chaeto and a 4-5 inch sand bed , does any one live close by to yonkers that might be able to swing by and just double check my stuff out i will gladly pay someone and ill give corals as well its just so frustrating all of a sudden everything was doing amazing and boom im losing all my acros i would like to just double check all my levels i could also bring someone a sample of my water so i know exatcly whats going on thanks derm , if not im going to have a lot of frags for the frag swap lol

derm

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
6   1   0
hey guys i think i figured it out my ph is high its at 845 855 what would cause this to happen and how do i remedy this thanks derm

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: