jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium are you basic 3 that will keep your acros growing IF your phosphates are kept very low and overall water quality is kept high. This is assuming you have the proper lighting + flow.
Additives such as strontium, fluoride, iodine, various trace element solutions won't hurt. I add some of them from time to time but I can't really say that I have seen an increase in growth. The one thing I can tell you is if your Cal, Alk, and MG is off you will see a decrease in growth.

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
well as long as you can test for calcium, alkalinity, magnesium and keep those stable you should be ok with acros . also keep your other parameters in check and close to zero(phosphates, nitrates, ammonia,PH). but you shouldn't dose those things if you cant measure them though

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Uhhh why is this in the for sale/trade forum?
Anywho alkalinity is the other thing they need in the water. And light!

just to clarify, alkalinity is not really a substance that you add to the water like calcium or any other element but rather a measurement of the ability of the water to resist changes in ph. thus, dont start throwing B-Ionic Part 1 into your tank if your alk tests low as that will really screw you...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: