Jdubbs

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have to replace the 2 double sided 250w 10k bulbs on my aquamedic spacelight as they are bleaching my sps. the middle bulb is a 150w 20k which I am keeping. I have heard good things about the 14k pheonix bulbs which I was going to buy, then another reefer with awesome coloration suggested 20k to which I am now leaning. Whats the consensus for best coloration without too much growth sacrifice? I have a 75g 48inch long tank. (I know. a lot of watts for the tank size)

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
For a 75gal which is a pretty shallow tank I would go with the Helios 20k. The color is much better than the phoenix 14k and you'll still have plenty of intensity.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
I just got the reeflux 250w 20k se bulb. I had the 12k and liked them a lot....Still supplemented them with actinic. Want to experiment a bit with the 20k's. The 20ks have some impresive pars.....lets see....:splitspin...proof is in the pudding...or in our case the corals....:tongue1:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: