jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Hello,

Just curious in knowing if someone could teach me/share a link on how to frag mushrooms.. i have a 10 gal nano which is getting overrun by green mushrooms.. They were looking really nice at first but now i feel like there is just too many of them.i must have one rock that has about 30-40 all raging in sizes from a pea to a golf ball. would like to know if i do frag them if i could just trade/give them away right away or do i have to wait for them to heal.. the only problem is that my tank is too small to keep them aside..

any advise would be greatful

Klewis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Mushrooms are a very hardy coral. You can use a razor blade and just cut it at the base of the mushroom. Scrape the residue off the rock. They'll just grow back. Good luck

Reef Reaper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
Just cut the mushroom up like a pizza (must be through the center) and throw the pieces on some rubble. Then you should have a lot of little mushrooms. Make sure you put the pieces in a little cup and cover it with some mesh-type of material (cheese cloth) so it can attach itself. Good Luck!

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Let me add my 2 cents. I was in the same situation. 12g nano, and a ton of shrooms.

I didn't have much space for a Tupperware off rubble. I took the smallest Tupperware you could get, and glued it to a mag float. Us nano guys don't have much room to spare ;)

I didn't bother cutting up the mushrooms. Like you said, we already have like 30+. A piece of mesh over the Tupperware is a must. Wedding veil worked well for me. It only takes 3-4 days for the shrooms to attach.

Another option, which I have done, is to cut the rock around the shrooms. You can use a dremil and cut a piece of ruble, with the shroom on it, off of the main rock. No heal time is needed, but the remaining rock will be scared and not as pretty as before. This also requires that you remove the whole rock from your tank. In my case, I only have 3-4 rocks in my whole nano.

Hope that helps you out. Good luck!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: