nick

Softcoralreefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Can Toadstool leathers and Spaghetti leathers get along together?
I recently brought a Toadstool leather from another reefer and introduced into my tank. I also have 2 other spaghetti leather in the tank as well. One of the spaghetti leather has shrunken up but the other seems fine. I am thinking that made when i introduce the Toadstool leather it might have touched the spaghetti and casue this reaction. Does anyone know about leather getting along? All parameteres seem fine. salinity is at 1.025.

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Do you run carbon? From what I know leathers have some pretty bad chemical warfare that can effect the entire tank negatively. We run carbon in a two little fishes reactor with a 900maxijet and all is well. We have a toadstool and a devils hand in very close proximity to one another.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
It may have been a reaction to a new leather in the tank, but no, most leathers don't seem to care if they touch.
It is VERY normal for leathers to shrink up now & then, some then shead a light layer of a gooey material and then they open back up (often larger).
You may even notice that it gets shiny in appearance during this process - not to worry! It often takes a few days before they reopen.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: