wschang812

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
all my zoas are doing fine but this zoa seems to be shrivelling up. does anyone know the cause of this? i am thinking about dipping it in some revive but i want to get some opinions before i do that. thanks

3404595165_399820d050.jpg

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Some of my zoas were acting up this week aswell. I found large pods on the colony and I guess they were irrritating them because once I moved the colony to a high flow spot, they all came back out. There are pods out there large enough to munch on your zoas..:irked:

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Yes they did...1/2 closed, 1/2 open, wierd looking, some were even closed... if you are that worried I would dip it anyway then throw them in a high flow area to make sure whatever was bothering them cant stay there because of the flow.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Don't dip it in Revive - that is for SPS corals.
You could give it a FW dip (rodi water before you add salt to it), and a few drops of Lugols solution.
Before that I would first try and hold it in front of a powerhead for about 10-20 seconds and then place it back in med flow med light and leave it alone for a few days. Zoanthids really don't like to be disturbed and moved around.

wschang812

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
thanks i think i will try the FW dip first. btw, i heard revive can be used for soft corals without a problem. i read on reef sanctuary,

"I used to dip in lugol's all the time,Now I use a product called REVIVE smells like pine-sol. Had a friend intenionally buy infected corals redbugs,flatworms...
tried lugol's and the revive. REVIVE KICKED A$$!! after dipping in lugols we dipped in the revive more dead critters. I've dipped softies,lps,sps&zoas No problems yet."

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: