that fish guy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have green anemones all over my tank. I do not know what they are. I brought it to my local fish store and they could not figure it out either. They are green with a brighter green mouth (I have a few pictures). They do not harm coral but do harm fish. I had a baby Sailfin Tang eating some algae off a rock that an anemone was on and the tang accidentally nicked the anemone and the anemone stung and killed the fish. When I saw my first one it was about 4-5 months ago and now I have over 100. They spread like weeds to all the rocks and sand in the tank. They are pretty easy to get off the rocks and will attach to anything. When I was getting one to bring my local fish store while I was getting the anemone it actually attached to my hand. The biggest one I have in my tank is about diameter of a dime and stem is about 3/4-1 inches tall. Also the tentacles are about 1/4 inch tall.

If anyone knows the name of these anemones or anything about them feel free to post a reply to the thread.

see the other thread I posted, my computer bugged out and I had to make a different thread

SORRY

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: