Orca1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I just came back from the frag swap and picked up a few ricordeas from a vendor there. After getting home, I realized that the ricordeas are not affixed to a rock, but are on a black plastic mesh. My question is, how can I mount them on a base rock? When just left out on the rock, they just blow away. It almost seems like the mesh itself floats making things even more aggravating since they keep on flipping over. Will CorAffix Glue harm the rics if it gets on thir bases?

As it is, I'm ready to throw them out the window.....I'm gonna say it's another lesson learned.

Thanks for your help.......

daaznmofo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
with xenia, rubberband them to rubble or rock until they mount onto it. can take a few days. don't rubberband them too tight tho.

Orca1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Straightjiggy......
No worries man.

Well, I have bad news. Unfortunately, while I left the room for one second, one of the rics ended up in a hole that is absolutely impossible to get to. The other one, well, who knows where it went. I tried to get the first one out of the hole with tweezers but ended up knocking over 2 SPS's and making a complete mess of the tank. I have the diatom filter on it now to clean things up. I did a little aquascaping and re-attached the SPS's.

Unfortunately, I'm writing off both ricordeas. I might make a second attempt tomorrow evening after I get a longer pair of tweezers, but at after about a half hour of EMM EFFERS, and SEA SUCKERS, I don't think I want to. We'll see what happens after I regain my composure.......

I knew I should have tried gluing them right from the get-go.

Thanks guys...........Eric.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: