Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I grow it on the glass so I can trim it when it gets out of control. Each section of glass has its own type of xenia. When I want to make some frags I use tweezers to pull a piece off to mount on discs.
Whenever you trim your xenias again may i have some please ?

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I tried to tweeze them off, it doesnt work with Pom pom. They will grow back from ANY tissue left on the rock. But with the aid of this stuff, I toasted all of it:

20798_400wh.png

Social D

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can take the rock out and spark up a blow torch and burn it off, Try kalk but unless you kill every single part of it it will just grow back with a vengeance.

Tweezers will only make the problem worse, if you cant blow torch it take the rock out and deal with the problem with a hammer and chisel.

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Josh - Would that work with anthelia? I have some that has overtaken a whole section of rock - even growing over a frag of Bali slimer - and I'm having a hard time getting it off. I managed to peel some off but most of the time I end up accidentally pinching off the stalks. I wouldnt mind except some times Im trying to sell it and I'm also worried about it ending up on other rocks and growing, or releasing toxins into the tank when getting smushed. What do you think ?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: