jsvokowest

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i picked up a sebae anemone white with purple tips about a month ago that has never attached to anything. last night i noticed that it was deflating and seemed to be purging itself as it has done before. this morning i saw two hermits on it and the foot seemed to be falling apart. some of the tenticles also fell off as i moved some water over it with my hand ( not touching it) had no choice but to look at the base and found the bottom ripped open the mouth was open so instead of risking some huge mess in the tank i put it in a container and tried adding a piece of krill to see if it would hold it. it is barely holding on to it is this thing dying, dead, it smells no worse that it normally did but seems to be fallingapart. i am asuming to leave this out of the tank but what does it require if there is any hope. can i get away with a two gallon table top, incandescent light and an airstone or is all hope lost.

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i picked up a sebae anemone white with purple tips about a month ago that has never attached to anything. last night i noticed that it was deflating and seemed to be purging itself as it has done before. this morning i saw two hermits on it and the foot seemed to be falling apart. some of the tenticles also fell off as i moved some water over it with my hand ( not touching it) had no choice but to look at the base and found the bottom ripped open the mouth was open so instead of risking some huge mess in the tank i put it in a container and tried adding a piece of krill to see if it would hold it. it is barely holding on to it is this thing dying, dead, it smells no worse that it normally did but seems to be fallingapart. i am asuming to leave this out of the tank but what does it require if there is any hope. can i get away with a two gallon table top, incandescent light and an airstone or is all hope lost.

Yeah, if it was white, it was bleached, and if it never attached itself to anything, it was dying in the store. I wouldn't give it good odds, but if you can salvage it, what you're doing sounds good, though it may or may not need more light depending on what kinda incandescent you have on it. Don't bother feeding right now, but if it's still alive in a few days I'd try a very light feeding of something small like frozen mysid shrimp, and see if it takes any. If it dies but leaves any portion of its foot-base alive and attached to something, save that and the anemone may re-grow.

LIS, though, I think you got a bad one to start with. :P

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/sebaefdgfaqs.htm may be useful.

jsvokowest

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
it is just a regular bulb 60 watts as i don;t want the slime it is releasing all in the main tank took some photos of the sides and bottom though they might not help as the water gets slimy whenever there is movement. thanks for the help

Attachments

• P5250776.jpg
    P5250776.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,107
  • P5250777.jpg
    P5250777.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,095
  • P5250778.jpg
    P5250778.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,094
  • P5250781.jpg
    P5250781.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,035
  • P5250783.jpg
    P5250783.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,037
  • P5250785.jpg
    P5250785.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,123

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: