Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
How long have you had it?Torch corals are some what hardy sometimes this happens when just introducted to a new tank when placed under too much light at first or it's not getting enough water movement.Brown jelly can occur from many other reasons.

Last edited:

guri

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I bought it like one week ago and it started yesterday I cleaned coral removed all dead tissue within several hours six head are gone only 5 left hope it will survive rest of the corals are good I think Dre you r right it wasn’t getting enough flow but what about light I put it on the bottom so there weren’t to much light I just wonder how other corals will be

mandown123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
light problems wont cause jelly. it is sort of mysterious as to the exact causes. Cut off all infected heads, it spreads like wildfire and you will lose whole colony. Cut them off asap and then just let it heal, if they haven't spread to the rest they will be fine.

happened to my frogspawn, 2 of 4 heads had it, i cut them off then they split, so I'm back to 4 heads now.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Flow or light have nothing to do with Brown Jelly diseases. It's a bacteria infection, some even say it's a secondary infection, which come about from damage to the tissue in the head. Once it starts the best thing you can do it to cut off the head and rinse away any goo or tissue left behind.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Flow or light have nothing to do with Brown Jelly diseases. It's a bacteria infection, some even say it's a secondary infection, which come about from damage to the tissue in the head. Once it starts the best thing you can do it to cut off the head and rinse away any goo or tissue left behind.

My past experience with brown jelly accur on frog's spawn, hammers and bubble corals less than a week of introduced them to my tank.They seem to be in good health before perchaseing them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: