Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering picking up small SPS frags of various types and patiently giving them time to grow.

However, I'm certain it would be more enjoyable to watch things grow faster than not.

Assuming ideal tank conditions, which types of SPS can I count on to grow with greatest speed and which ones will be disappointing?

With people selling 1/2 inch to 1 inch frags, I'd rather not be waiting 3 years to have something that I can appreciate without a magnifying glass.

mckostya

Lovin', is what I got.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
based on my experience, 1 inch frags tend to encrust first, before branching and taking off. so you might look into slightly bigger pieces which are branching already. birdsnest should be quick grower.

Social D

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acropora Formosa ,Acropora Nobilis, Acropora Nana, Acropora Aspera are four that ive found grow really quick in ideal conditions Not forgetting Millepora aswell ..And quite a few other fast growing stag species

Digis should out run most acros, Then there's always Seriotapora they grow like digi's

As for slow growers not sure of the names but i found that Bottlebrushes and some deeper water acros were much slower in growth ... Keep everything in check and there no reason they shouldnt all grow at a worthy rate

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Acropora Formosa ,Acropora Nobilis, Acropora Nana, Acropora Aspera are four that ive found grow really quick in ideal conditions Not forgetting Millepora aswell ..And quite a few other fast growing stag species

Digis should out run most acros, Then there's always Seriotapora they grow like digi's

As for slow growers not sure of the names but i found that Bottlebrushes and some deeper water acros were much slower in growth ... Keep everything in check and there no reason they shouldnt all grow at a worthy rate

Agreed!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: