Rating - 100%
16   0   0
This Acan has been like this for a few months now. Did fine for about a year. Other than the color, it's doing well. Eating and the heads have grown. Any way to get the color back? Everything else in the tank is fine. All water tests are good. Lost color when it up a few inches higher to a brighter spot in the tank.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_XMJuttRv1OM/SsFsaCFfveI/AAAAAAAAAxM/okn0st1NMUY/IMG00004.jpg

IMG00004.jpg

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I think it looks great the way it is. If you can get the color to stay like that long term you would truly have something different. You can give it a stupid name like passion plasma and sell it for $100 per head :D

Avi

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
From what I can tell, that's a bleached coral from having been exposed to lighting that was too intense for it. I've had corals do that. In some cases they recover their coloration fairly quickly, but in other cases it took as much as a year. That one didn't bleach completely so I doubt that it would take that long for it to recover.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: