dsgray16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I have a 58g that has been setup since June. I bought LR off somebody on this forum and it came with a bunch of leather corals. I think they are all toadstol leather, with what looks to be one tyre green toadstool. When i first put the rock in and started cycling etc, i got polyp extrension every day, and they seemed to be doing well.

For the past month and a half there has been limited to no polyp exension. Some times i will see teh heads of the polyps but then they go back in. There are about 10-12 diff frags around the tank and they all seem to be doing the same thing.

Water perameters check out fine and all my other corals (SPS, LPS, ZOas, Mushrooms) are doing great. I cant figure this out.

Is there some water issue that could be affecting the leather coral and nothing else?

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Nope! Leathers are finicky.:) They sometimes close up for no reason that we know of. I had 1 that frustrated me to the max for well over a year, and a half. Then 1 day out of the blue it decided to open up, and has been doing so ever since.;)
Just keep an eye on them for any infections, or excessive mucusing(is that a word?).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: