roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
can anybody tell me when you can tell if a toalstool has had it. someone gave me a toalstool large but rip his foot off the rock been in my system for about a month now tried a rubber band to attach him but no signs of recovery was thinking of throwing it out today i have seen toalstool that had no real signs of life and all of a sudden bang they open. also have this nice looking what seems is a plate coral don't know what kind it is can any body help attached some pics hopes they help

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
roc, there are a few things you can try to get the toad to attach.

1. My old way; I would find a hole in the rocks that it would fit in to snugly, and stick it in there.;)
2. My new way; You can sew it. Threaded needle with either white thread, or nylon thread, pierce the leather base with it, and tie it around a plug or piece of rubble.
3. Rubber band; I don't use this one as it tends to put to much pressure on the coral causing it to split.

Lastly but not least: I have a leather for approximately 2 years in my tank it finally openned in these past couple of months. That's how leathers are, they are moody as heck.....

roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
i did the rubber band thing and end up taring more of its foot i ended up putting it my sump with rock ill see what happens it was just dropping there couldnt take looking at it anymore

knugenx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
308   0   0
I placed my stubborn toadstool that didn't want to attach to anything in the corner of the tank on the sandbed...it's still there and has opened up very beautifully after months of dullness...still hasn't attached to anything.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: