Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Ok, so i got a ora green stylophora because i was told that it grows quickly and is a relatively hardy sps. The color is nice but over the past month and a half it has slowly been loosing tissue. I have other sps that are doing great. It is under 150w metal halide and it is only about 6 inches down from the top. flow is not a problem because it is right in front of a moded maxi jet with about 1500 gph, my nitrates and phosphates are zero, calcium is 500, and everything else is dong great. It has barely grown since i got it and i just want it to do good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Hi, before I went and said the wrong thing I decided to do a little research to re affirm what I thought was correct.;)
Here is what LiveAquaria has to say:
"The Stylophora Coral can live in a variety of lighting conditions, ranging from power compacts, VHO, T-5's up to the more intense metal halides. Alter their position in the aquarium depending on the lighting. In an aquarium lit by metal halides, Stylophora Corals should be kept in a mid to low position, and under other lighting they should be kept in a mid to high position. To bring out the most intense coloration of this coral, we recommend metal halide lighting. For continued good health, they will require the addition of a two part calcium and buffer supplement in order to maintain a calcium level of 400-450 ppm and dKH of 8-12. They will also benefit from additional food fed weekly in the form of micro-plankton or foods designed for filter feeding invertebrates. "

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Your phosphates are not zero, you just don't have an accurate enough test kit to detect phosphates.
But a maxijet mod blow pretty hard, so I would think that may be too much flow if its right in front of it.
A pic is worth 1000 words too

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Il try moving it tomorrow its on a decent size rock and the lights went out an hour ago. Thanks for the help, anymore ideas wouldnt hurt incase that does not work. I dont think light is the problem but i asked for your help and i will follow your advice. The tissue that is still there the polyps are always open if that changes anything. And i will defanitely get that pic up tomorrow morning.

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
what do you mean is anyone else having this problem i can click on them and see them clearly if i click on them. You have to scroll sideways for some reason, i dont know why. give them time to load.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I just see 5 question marks. When I click on them it says the image has been deleted. I'm using a Mac, maybe the PC guys can see it?

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Click on "Go Advance".
Click on Manage Attachments in Attach Files box.
Another box will open, and then you click on browse in that box.

Or simply download photobucket.com put your pics there, and then you can just copy and paste here...;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: