ZBT3091

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a 12 gallon aquapod in my dorm room here in Wisconsin. It is just live rock and a jewel damsel and a sargassum angler. I want to stock it with corals and I know that the forum here in Wisconsin is pretty weak compared to MR is it easy to ship corals from NY to Wisconsin? I was thinking it would be a good idea to pick up corals from a reefer on MR and ship them here myself. It seems like packing would just be a regular fish bag from an LFS and some styrofoam and maybe some other things like a cool pack that would keep it warmer do people do this alot. Any tips or advice?

seascape

Acan Crazy
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
it seems like you have the idea shipping once you have done it enough comes easy at this time of the year a good insulated box,heat pack at least ione rated for over 24 hrs and yes there about the same bags as fish come in they have plenty of different sizes also overnite ship.RJ

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
If I were you I would get corals here and just take them along on your trip from here to there whether by plane or whatever. Just don't check it in if you are going by plane. It gets very cold in the hold. Or just buy from e-tailers. They know how to ship well and with a small tank there is only so much you can put in there.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: