O

octoberfest

Hey everyone. I found your forum when I was searching "Chalice Placement" on google and read that there are a lot of Chalice goo-rues on this site and figured I'd ask my questions here.

Here is a picture of the chalice I have.

Chalice005.jpg

Chalice004.jpg

Chalice003.jpg

First question is does anyone know what it is? Its bright light blue with pink eyes.

Second question is can anyone provide some guidance on placement in the tank? Right now I have it placed on a rock which is on the sandbed in a 54 gallon corner tank. It is in the bottom right corner of the tank. I have a Korilia 4 powerhead on the left side of the tank aimed up and to the right side of the tank. Its creating good flow in the tank but the chalice is not getting directly blasted. The light is a 150W HQI centered over the top of the tank and the chalice is to the right of any direct light but it is well lit.

Thanks in advance.

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
middle for lighting, medium flow they arent that hard to care for you could probably put them almost anywhere and they will do good. dont know the exact name but seems like a nice blue chalice with pink eyes

triggerhappy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i have all my chalices on the sand bed on top of rocks been there fro more than 8 months getting growth and good color they seem to be happy

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I have found that my chalices like medium to low lighting..I have dual 250w MH, and as long as the chalices stay in middle to bottom of tank they are happy...but not to high, as they may bleach

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: