batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
I have one . How long have you had it in your tank ? . At it will not open like you saw it in the FT I has to ajust to your tank . They dont like light so put it in a shaded spot in the tank ,also very very little flow aswell . It toke a me some time to find the right spot for him in my tank do this a wait a few day and you will see it opening up. When opened start to feed it . I feed it Arcti pods and mysis shrimp 1 a week and it will grow. Remember shaded area and low flow they love it like that.

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
elegence coral is one of the coral I like best with the diffrent color tips they look hot. but everyone I have had was doing great eating then over night with no reason would just drop dead! I dont know many people who had them for a long time. I know as for my self I will never buy one again. If you get it to live great if not chalk it up and spend you money on somthing that will live!

Well that my 2 cents

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I have had my Aussie elegance for about 2 years! I got mine from a member here who had it for about 1 year.

My elegance sits in the middle of my tank towards the front where it gets light from 250 watt MH & PC lighting I say about 20" down.
As far as the flow I have 4 #4 koralias in my tank all pointed towards the surface, and more flow through 4 locklines coming from my 2 return pumps. It's tenticles are always flowing, and sweeping.
My ocellaris clown host in it, and that does not seem to be a problem either.
I target feed during lights out with all pumps & power heads off - 1tsp. each Oyster Feast, Rotifer Feast, Phytoplankton & 1/4tsp. Tobbiko eggs every other day. After 45 min. I turn the pumps & PH, and lights (just the PC) back on. On alternate days I give it a mixture of mysis shrimp, rod's food, formula 1 or 2, angel food, cyclop soaked in Selcon, Vitachem, Garlic extract.
My pars are:
Cal 450
Alk 9
Mag 1350
Ammonia 0
Trites 0
Trates 0
PH 8.6
Salinity 1.024
Temp. 78 - 79 Winter 82 - 84 Summer
Light schedule:
PC 10AM to 11PM
MH 5PM to 10PM

Hope that helps somehow.:usa1:

Here is pic I took of it today around 7PM. If you'd like a pic of where it sits in my tank check out my tank thread, it is towards the left center side of the tank.

Attachments

• LPS pics PC & MH-PC 041.jpg
    LPS pics PC & MH-PC 041.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 152

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: