rpc07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Can you guys give me an id on this coral and help me out with whats its doing, the first week i had it it was standing tall and fully stretched out, now for the past week its been doing this just lumped over, it was next to my 2 kenye tree frags which werent opening any more either so i moved it to the other side of the tank an none of them are opening.

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
It looks like a softie hence leather coral, It it was near your kenya tree, I know that softie coral have chemicals in them and they can effect other softies. I would advise you run carbon and see from there.

Last edited:

rpc07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
amm 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0
cal 440
alk 10
ph - 8.2-8.4
Takin with api test kit
lighting is an aquaticlife 4x54 with 2 actinics it came with, 1 10000k it came with and 1 blue+

Those pics were takin under just the actinics

If that the case do i have to run carbon all the time or just when i see this happening, and i have a bag of carbon on hand can i just place it in my fuge or return section of the sump?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
That looks like a carnation coral. As far as I know they don't stay alive long-term in aquariums. How long has your tank been setup?

rpc07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
just read a quick paragraph about this carnation coral, and it says for experts only i am far from an expert and this is the first and last time i buy something without doing a little research first, live and learn i guess. any reason the kenye tree isnt opening any more? it seems like once this started looking the way it does then the kenye tree stopped opening would one have to do with the other? everything else is doing great

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: