lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
So, I always wanted a sock overflow that you see in the nicer sumps where the water flows up and over through the sock and out the bottom. After some conversations with Jeff, he came up with this sock holder overflow box.

0fdf538515f260ba81306337e1d0e5e6.jpg
0a460db841a2f7a59645d38b750c84bc.jpg
37623dd2b718af72ba44e7a33933067e.jpg

Moved everything around tonight. Moved all my rock into "pod condos" so I can take them out easy and clean the sump when I need. I moved the skimmer over to make room for the new drain. Much better access and its silent. I'm looking forward to my next sock change

936bca7c7769ed0ed092529e582386fd.jpg
70ab967dd82db04b73c90fccf4030cdf.jpg

Flow now goes from drain over and through sock out bottom which is right by skimmer inlet. Reactor pump pulls from the other side of the drain section as well and outputs right next to the skimmer outlet as well. Dosing pump outlets are also now over the skimmer output which should help with dilution.

Everything worked beautiful. I'm thrilled with the results. Thanks Jeff!!!

Custom King

Vendor
Rating - 99.4%
308   2   0
Intake/Filter Sock Box!

Inevo,

Thanks a lot for your business it's greatly appreciated. Glad to hear that the box arrived intact and it worked out well for you.

crox99 & Smotz,

Thanks guys!

Custom King

Vendor
Rating - 99.4%
308   2   0
Inlet/Filter Sock Box!

ReefDiver,

Sorry no link for details. Inevo just contacted me saying he liked the way the inlet/filter sock assembly is built into my sumps. He already had an existing sump which had a crappy filter sock assembly and asked if I could come up with a HOB design that would work for his sump. This is the HOB design that I came up with for him. It's a very simple concept: the intake is a 1" bulkhead which allow water to enter the unit. It fills a box and then runs up and over your filter sock. The water then exits the box through the opening in the bottom. If you have any questions about it PM me.

Thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: