Custom King

Vendor
Rating - 99.4%
308   2   0
Hello All,

I have a brand new custom sump and skimmer combo for sale. This is the "Neptune/Saltcreep" sump design. It's affectionately named after two of your fellow MR members who are currently running this sump design on their 70g and 180g tanks. The sump is clear acrylic. It's dimensions are 32" long x 16" wide x 16" high. It has an 1" intake bulkhead. The intake fills a chamber and then runs over 3 x filter socks. The sump has a huge skimmer area. The skimmer area has an adjustable skimmer section water level from 7" to 10" The sump has a large fuge section for a deep sand bed and growing macro algae. There is also a nice sized return section for your return pump. The skimmer for this sump is a Tunze DOC 9410 The skimmer was used for a short time but is in excellent condition. This skimmer has a small footprint which leaves you plenty of space in the skimmer chamber to place reactors, heaters, etc. The price for this setup of the sump and skimmer is $495 I accept Paypal. Anyone interested please PM me.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC03748.jpg
    DSC03748.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 956
  • DSC03749.jpg
    DSC03749.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 934
  • DSC03750.jpg
    DSC03750.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 919
  • DSC03752.jpg
    DSC03752.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 923
  • DSC03753.jpg
    DSC03753.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 925

Custom King

Vendor
Rating - 99.4%
308   2   0
Hello All.

Here is the skimmer provided for this setup. The skimmer is a Tunze DOC 9410 The skimmer was used but is in excellent condition. The skimmer produces a steady stream of micro bubbles and consistently pulls out some nasty dark skimmate from your tank. The skimmer is super easy to use as it doesn't need to be adjusted just sit it in the sump and forget about it. It has a post filter sock which helps to trap any micro bubbles which may come from your skimmers output. The skimmer uses Tunze's Hydrofoamer pump which is very strong. Here's a link for more details on the skimmer:

http://www.marinedepot.com/Tunze_Ma...r_250_Gallons-Tunze-TZ5340-FIPSISVSOT-vi.html

Attachments

• DSC03741.jpg
    DSC03741.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 887
  • DSC03742.jpg
    DSC03742.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 887
  • DSC03745.jpg
    DSC03745.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 890
  • DSC03744.jpg
    DSC03744.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 887
Last edited:

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Gorgeous Sump! I have one of yours myself and it's incredible! I think everyone can agree that your work is top notch! Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but what is the pipe on the return end of the sump and how does it work? I've never seen one like that before and i was wondering if you could explain. Again, I'm sorry if there's an obvious answer and I'm just not seeing it. Is it an ATO fill??

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
was wondering that too, so correct me if im wrong i believe that is the macro and dsb side which needs to be pumped into and the acrylic cyllinder is to prevent the sand from being disturbed

Custom King

Vendor
Rating - 99.4%
308   2   0
Custom Sump & Skimmer Combo!

Hello All,

Sorry for the delayed response but I had quite a bit of snow today where I'm at. Anyway that's correct that bulkhead with the PVC pipe is to feed the refugium area. It let's you easily plumb it to your return pump, etc. A lot of people run manifolds on their tanks so you can just have a dedicated line that leads to the refugium. That way you can control the flow going through that chamber. Ideally you should have a slower flow going through your refugium area but it's a matter of personal preference. Also correct in the cylinder at the bottom of the refugium helps to disperse the water and not unsettle your sand bed if you choose to have one.

Thanks

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Thanks! Makes sense. I've never seen a fuge that is fed any other way than by being between the filter sock chamber and the return pump chamber. The cylinder is a great idea, it was obvious that it was to stop disturbances when I first saw it and think its a great idea on how to accomplish this. Great design idea.

Custom King

Vendor
Rating - 99.4%
308   2   0
Custom Sump & Skimmer Combo!

CleanYourTank11,

Yeah I knew it was about 35g but I always underestimate because you never really run your sump at it's maximum water level. Lol Thanks anyway Buddy!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: