• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
So what you need to know-I don't get your question? :scratch: The parts are all in the diagram. :scratch: Just order the parts according to the diagram and ask a technical grade person to explain to you how to put it together and what to expect in soldering .....

If you show this diagram to a Radio Shack worker, they better know what the parts are or else they should be fired. BTW, you don't have to buy from them after they tell you what they are:approve:

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
spykes said:
WingoAgency lol where should i buy from? im trying to understand what parts are in the diagram, because i dont know how to read it well, but i do understand where to soder what.

Depends on the quantity and how urgent you are to build this thing. I don't have recommendations as to where to buy. I just say that because, sometimes when those workers give me attitude, I walk out the store very :snail: . :biggrinpa

The whole thing should cost you very little. Radio Shack does have a web site.

R = Resistor and the marking 1K is the value of the resistor
(notice, the design uses 3 variable pods to adjust the value of the resistor, once again those workers should be able to show you which is which in the diagram)

C = Capacitor and the marking .47 micro F is the value of the capacitor

Timer => you can search by giving the IC number, soldering the timer should be done with heat sink.

5 pin DIN => has no dimension mentioned, so you have to eyeball it.

BC237 => do the search with the number and you can find it. However, you should find out how to tell the polarity of it during soldering. This may be the tricky part for beginners

As for the LED, don't buy it. I give it to you but of course you have to come to Brooklyn. I am building a huge LED array for testing of how LED affect reefing.

So how much are they selling the controller for? This controller seems very simple. May be I should build my own too and save myself a fortune.

Last edited:

FRY

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
there are very few places to buy stuff one place is allstate on jamaica ave in queens around 168 street he has just about everything i have some stuff home let me know what you need

frank

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
this isnt a wavemaker, this is a tunze controller, allowing a fast pulse and start sequence. The only other thing was making a seperate controller for the two other stream.

fry i was thinking of getting stuff from jameco, do you think i should order online or get locally? now the problem is it possible to have one tunze in sync with the wavebox tunze. like when the wavebox is off the tunze is on, and whole the wavebox is off the tunze stream is on?

timer 555 is a CA555E chip one of the pics has the model number.
4 1K resistors
1 1.5M resistor
1 680OHm resistor
1 470K resistor
1 mF
.1 mF capacitor
1 .47mF capacitor

what is the BC237 part?

FRY

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
bc237 is NPN silicon amplifier transistor in 3-pin TO-92 package. Operational temperature range from -55?C to 150?C. i whould go to allstate they have it there let me know ill call them to make sur they have it.

FRY

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
in the schematic i see.
4-1K
1-680
1-1.5m trim
1-470k trim

cap
1-uf
1-0.47uf
1-0.1uf

1-bc237
1-led
1-555ic

in the pici see
3-trim pots
1- rheostat

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: